Four Days A Week: Fear or Fun?

Anna Kurian, Reporter

Coming back to school four days a week was nothing short of exciting and nerve-racking. Everyone had different opinions on it and were on different sides of the situation. Parents and guardians also had lots of different perspectives on coming back four days a week.

Freshman Ashley Allo wanted to come back to school four days a week for multiple reasons. She said that being in school allowed her to learn better since she is more involved. Also, being at school for four days allowed her to be more active with her teachers, and asking for help was less of a hassle.

“I learn much better when the teachers are actually doing it in front of me [rather than] hearing them record it and just put it on Canvas,” Ashley said.

She also said that as much as she loves being back in school more traditionally, the COVID-19 precautions can be a lot to handle.

“I kind of don’t like wearing a mask every single day and also waking up early is not fun,” Ashley said.

There’s a lot to get used to when returning to school, especially the number of people.

“There are more people roaming in the halls and it’s much more crowded,” Ashley said.

However, while the crowds are hard to get used to, she said that she does not feel uncomfortable with everyone that’s back at school, COVID-wise.

“I really don’t care [about how many people are back at school],” Ashley said.

Ashley said that there is a lot more social interaction during four days a week compared to A-B schedule.

“You get to see your friends again,” Ashley said.

Not many people expected we would come back to school more than two days a week.

“I did think that we would come back to school four days a week eventually,” Ashley said. 

The workload at school has also significantly changed when returning to four days rather than A-B schedule. 

“I feel like there’s less work now than there was before. And I do like it better because whenever they had lots of work, it kind of felt like you were pressured to do it and you weren’t really learning anything, you just had to do it,” Ashley said.